Thursday, October 3, 2013

Thing #10

When making my Feedly account I found it quite interesting that I could search any topic imaginable. I added 5 sites that were teacher friendly and I found a site that had some crafts on it. It was so easy to make this account and I just linked it to my Gmail account. Here is the link if anyone is interested in making your own Feedly account.

http://cloud.feedly.com/#welcome

I like that with an RSS I can keep up with blogs that I am interested in without searching separately for them all. I also like that I can choose how many I want to put on my list and I can add more or take some away when ever I want. Newsreaders are really interesting, they provide information about a wide variety of things. Newsreaders are sites that provide information like a blog, they can be added to your Feedly list of favorites.
My Feedly account can be used in the classroom by adding things like:
Cool Cat Teacher Blog,
Free Technology for Teachers,  
I Will Teach You To Be Rich, 
Jennifer's Teaching Tools, and  
The Web 2.0 Teaching
These types of things can help me as a teacher or other teachers to find new technology, new tools, and tips. I could also use Feedly for personal use by adding cooking newsreaders or even craft newsreaders. These will give me ideas and examples of things that I would enjoy doing at home.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment