Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Thing #14

 
I made this mind map above based on the topic I have chosen which is over Living and Non-Living things. I was able to use the map above to show the relation ship between Living and Non-Living things. In my future classroom I could use this and the flowchart to introduce a new topic or I could use them as a group or even class project. If I were going to introduce a new topic I could have the main ideas starting off the map then branch off with topics that I intend to cover with my students. If I were going to use them for a group project I could log on to a computer and allow students in a group to create a map or a flow chart on a topic they have chosen or a topic that is relevant to material we are covering that I am recommending research on. If I wanted every group to have the same structure then I would prefer a flow chart because with a flow chart you choose a template. However with a mind map you can have things branching everywhere and you choose how you want it to look. I prefer mind map because I found it much easier for me to use and I had no problem making it my own. I was able to move bubbles so everything was visible and I was able to change colors. I definitely recommend mind maps for classroom use because they require creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment